Star Cruises fully prepared for next sailing after anger over axed trip
Star Cruises has said its ship is “fully prepared” for its next voyage from Hong Kong after a scheduled departure on Friday was cancelled because of “an unforeseen technical issue”, leaving angry passengers who had waited for hours to board complaining they had been treated like “refugees”. The cruise operator apologised for cancelling the three-day,…
Star Cruises has said its ship is “fully prepared” for its next voyage from Hong Kong after a scheduled departure on Friday was cancelled because of “an unforeseen technical issue”, leaving angry passengers who had waited for hours to board complaining they had been treated like “refugees”.
The cruise operator apologised for cancelling the three-day, two-night voyage to Xiamen in mainland China, offering customers the choice of rescheduling or a full refund.
On Saturday morning, the cruise ship, Star Voyager, remained docked at Ocean Terminal in Tsim Sha Tsui, with black smoke occasionally billowing from the vessel’s funnel, which a marine engineer attributed to engine testing.
The company later said that the ship was ready to depart on Sunday.

The aborted voyage would have marked the cruise line’s return to using Hong Kong as its home port for a nine-month period ending on November 13.
