Operation Preparations Underway in Tirah Valley; Displacement to Begin from January 10
Khyber District: Preparations are underway for a security operation in the Tirah Valley of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Khyber district, with the displacement of local residents scheduled to begin from January 10, according to district administration officials.Registration of families from the Maidan Malik Din Khel area of Tirah Valley has been ongoing for the past three days….
Khyber District: Preparations are underway for a security operation in the Tirah Valley of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Khyber district, with the displacement of local residents scheduled to begin from January 10, according to district administration officials.
Registration of families from the Maidan Malik Din Khel area of Tirah Valley has been ongoing for the past three days. As per the announced schedule, the formal process of relocation will commence on January 10 and continue until January 25.
District administration sources said a special registration centre has been established in the Paindi Cheena area of Tirah Valley, where the registration process has been underway. So far, more than 2,500 families have been registered.
Of these, 176 families have already received initial financial assistance of Rs250,000 per family after clearance from NADRA and other relevant departments. Advance financial assistance is also being provided to the remaining registered families.
Under the displacement package, each affected family will receive Rs250,000 as advance assistance, along with a monthly stipend of Rs50,000, enabling them to arrange accommodation of their choice.
Officials said the security operation against militants in the area is expected to be completed within the next two months. Following the conclusion of the operation, the process of return and rehabilitation of displaced residents will begin from April 5.
According to authorities, the total population of the Maidan area of Tirah Valley is approximately 130,000. Compensation has been fixed at Rs3 million for houses completely destroyed during the operation, while partially damaged houses will be compensated with Rs1 million.
The administration said all efforts are being made to ensure timely assistance, security and rehabilitation for the affected population.
